Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Today I Learnt To Juggle!

 
Now...as some of you may not know, there is actually no such thing as a full time styling job. And just like any other freelance job, it's completely up and down and completely unpredictable (which I both adore and detest).

This brings me to the first appointment of my day. I interviewed for a casual retail job at Joanie Loves Chachi in Woollahra, and met the lovely designer Jodi Griffiths. So easy-going and down to earth, it's no wonder her clothes embody the same sense of ease and effortless beauty. I'm so excited to trial there next week...wish me luck!

So off I go to my next appointment, which took me into the heart of Chippendale, and to the offices of fashion powerhouse NMI (Nick Mascitelli Imports), where I interviewed within the PR department for an internship*. They are home to absolutely insane labels like Galliano, Just Cavalli and K Karl Lagerfeld, to name a few. And after 1 referral and 10 minutes of chit-chat, I got the internship and start next week! So yay for me!

Now the only thing left to do is balance a retail job and an internship on top of an increasingly busy styling schedule. Yay for me?

*this basically means all work and no pay - but if you're serious about any facet of the fashion industry, you just have to suck it up, and stick it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment